Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
easy, quick,, rich and yummy. Got this back in 1968 from my best friend Linda. Good for showers. or Christmas squares..
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 10 chopped maraschino cherries
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate
- Arrange 9 of the whole graham crackers in the bottom of a 8 inch square buttered pan.
- In a saucepan place, butter, brown sugar, and milk.
- Bring this to a boil.
- Add the crumbs, coconut, nuts, and cherries.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend well.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the crackers in the pan.
- Press the last 9 crackers over top, pressing slightly.
- Blend the icing sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
- Make a frosting smooth and creamy.
- Frost the top layer of crackers.
- Melt your square of chocolate, and drizzle over the frosting.
- Chill well before cutting into squares.