Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love maraschino cherries and coconut. These are so easy that the kids can prepare them and they are great to have in the fridge for a pop in the mouth snack! We usually double this and use a cookie scoop do depending on how big (or small) you make them is how many you will get. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter, Softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- nuts, finely ground
- Mix together all ingredients except nuts. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll each in ground nuts.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
A good no bake recipe for my grand children to make. I too love coconut and maraschino cherries! I make macaroons with cherries, this recipe is a nice alternative.
These were very yummy and easy!!! I made them over the holidays and were great!!! Thanks
These turned out really nice and made a great snack! I even had some for breakfast!