Recipe by Renee Ferraz
Great with a cup of coffee! Old Southern Living recipe submitted by Vicki L. Bryant, Jacksonville, Florida.
Top Review by Marlene.
I really hate to give such a low rating, but my husband nor I cared for these very much. I was really expecting more cherry flavor and it just wasn't there. I would like to make them again, using more cherries and more cherry juice. They came out of the oven beautiful though, nice and full with a beautiful color. Easy to prepare , not time consuming at all , just not as intense of a flavor as I would have liked.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, oil, cherry juice, and egg; and to dry ingredients, stirring, by hand, just until moistened.
- (Never use an electric mixer when making muffins!) Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine almonds and 2 tbsp.
- sugar; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 mins.