Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe site a couple of years ago.
- 6 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 1⁄2 pints heavy cream (Whipping)
- 3 1⁄2 cups tart cherries or 3 1⁄2 cups sweet cherries, Pureed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the whites in the refrigerator and the yolks in a large stainless steel bowl and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Mix until dissolved and place on high heat. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. When clear and the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from the heat and quickly whisk into the egg yolks. With a had mixer, beat this mixture on high speed for for 5 to 8 minutes or until stiff and shiny.
- Set aside.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks and set aside.
- Add the pureed cherries to the egg yolk mixture and blend well. Fold in the whipped cream and then the egg whites.
- Pour into individual serving dishes or a large bowl and quickly refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer if possible.
- Serve with whipped cream or nuts as a garnish.