I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe site a couple of years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the whites in the refrigerator and the yolks in a large stainless steel bowl and set aside.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Mix until dissolved and place on high heat. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. When clear and the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from the heat and quickly whisk into the egg yolks. With a had mixer, beat this mixture on high speed for for 5 to 8 minutes or until stiff and shiny.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- 5Whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks and set aside.
- 6Add the pureed cherries to the egg yolk mixture and blend well. Fold in the whipped cream and then the egg whites.
- 7Pour into individual serving dishes or a large bowl and quickly refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer if possible.
- 8Serve with whipped cream or nuts as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1147.1
- Calories from Fat 970
- Total Fat 107.8 g
- Saturated Fat 65.5 g
- Cholesterol 591.9 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g