Recipe by PaulaG
This is a quick and easy way to enjoy fresh cherries when in season. Recipe is from a local magazine, Sabrossa, which is a southwest dining guide.
Top Review by Reddyrat
This was a very easy and tasty dessert - goes together very quickly. I added some chopped coconut. I also think it would be good with mini chocolate chips. The only tough part of preparation was pitting cherries without a cherry pitter! A good dessert!
- 1 lb fresh sweet cherries, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, preferably not ultra pasteurized
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 6 whole cherries, with stems if still attached.
- Pit the remaining cherries.
- Combine the pitted cherries and one tablespoon of the confectioner's sugar in a food processor.
- Puree until coarsely chopped.
- Whip the cream with the remaining confectioner's sugar until medium peaks form.
- Fold in the cherry puree and distribute the mouse among champagne flutes or small parfait glasses.
- Top with reserved cherries and serve immediately.
- The longer the mousse sits the darker the color.