1/3 Photos of Cherry Mocha Coffee, low-carb
rachel ernst's Note:
inspiration: Borders Cafe's Cherry Mocha. This hot coffee beverage can be adapted in flavoring. The main idea is non-carb whipped cream, cocoa and coffee. But, the cherry/almond flavor inspired by Borders Cafe is my husband's favorite. This recipe is good for Atkins or non-atkins. You use the sweetener of your choice; I recommend either Splenda or Sugar. By using Splenda or other non-nutritive sweetener, the net carbs (adjusted for fiber) is 3g net carb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces coffee (any kind)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream or 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon flavoring cherry extract (by the vanilla in the grocery)
- 1/2 teaspoon flavoring almond extract (by the vanilla in the grocery)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (the kind for baking)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener Splenda sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1I make large servings which are close to 16 oz. coffee each, so make this in a LARGE mug.
- 2Multiply the recipe for the number of people you are serving.
- 3Make the whipped cream while waiting for coffee to brew. In a bowl add all other ingredients (cream, flavorings, sweetener and cocoa). Use an electric mixer to whip the cream until soft peaks form. Do not overwhip as it will quickly turn to butter consistency.
- 4Put whipping cream mixture in mug. Pour hot coffee over cream and stir. For best results, mix thoroughly.
- 5If you are making for several people and some people want sugar and some want Splenda, make the whipped cream without the sweetener. Instead, add the 2 Tblsp. sweetener to each cup, as preferred. Pour a little coffee over the sweetener and mix. Then add the cream to each cup. Then fill the mug the rest of the way with hot coffee and stir.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Mocha Coffee, low-carb
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g