Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just in time for the holidays. These mini pound cakes can be giving as gifts this Christmas.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained
- powdered sugar
- With electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sweetened condensed milk to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in cherries.
- Turn batter into greased and floured mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans: 5 minutes; invert cakes onto rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
I followed this same recipe from Matha Stewart's Everyday Food Xmas edition. I lost the recipe and am so glad I found it posted here. This is definately a keeper.
Made this for Christmas--just forgot to review. Everyone that tried this loved it. Will definitely make again. Thanks