Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This candy is like those Cherry A Lets or Cherry Mash candy bars of the 50s and 60s. Its fast and easy to make. I get my cherry chips at Walmart. Enjoy!
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar, milk, marshmallows, butter, and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cherry chips and vanilla: stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 inch pan, and let cool until hard. MAKE SURE CHERRY LAYER IS COOLED AND HARD BEFORE YOU PUT CHOCOLATE ON TOP.
- In a microwave, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Pour over cherry mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Not sure if I did something wrong. My chocolate and peanut butter are not harding. I thought the chocolate mix was suppose to be hard. Please help Thank you