Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make one of your favorite candy bars at home!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 regular size marshmallows
- 1 cup cherry chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces cocktail peanuts, chopped fine
- 2 cups chocolate chips (1/2 milk chocolate, 1/2 semi sweet)
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Boil sugar, milk, butter and marshmallows for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cherry chips, half of peanuts.
- Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Add peanut butter and remainder of peanuts.
- Spread on top of cherry layer.
- Chill, then cut into slices.
- Instead of using a 9 x 13 pan, you can also make these in individual minature or regular size cupcake papers.
- Use teaspoon to drop in cherry layer then chocolate layer.
These are really good. I made them for our holiday trays (playing catch-up on reviews) and they were well recieved. The only problem I had with my cherry layer didn't set up,but we served them upside down and spread the cherry mixture on top. They still tasted wonderful, I will try again as maybe I screwed something up the first time. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us.
They do taste like the real thing - the chocolate, peanuts and cherry are a trip to my childhood. They were very popular on my Christmas tray.