Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Alot like the cherry mash candy I used to buy when I was young.
- 1 (1 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 can cherry frosting
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt in microwave or over double boiler; stir in nuts.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture in bottom of 13 x 9 pan which has been lightly sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine cherry frosting and marshmallow creme in a bowl.
- Spread this mixture on top of chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Spread with remaining chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Chill several hours until firm and cut into 1/2" squares.
- Can also do these in mini-baking cups.
Well, I did need to change ingredients because we do not have cherry frosting anywhere here in Rhode Island so I used white frosting and added cherry flavoring and red food coloring to it. I did use an 11 ounce package of chips because I think that was an error. This is a delicious candy recipe. Thanks Anita