1/3 Photos of Cherry Mascarpone Cream Scones
Baby Kato's Note:
Do you like scones? Then please try these ones, they are good served warm or cold. *Most important* Always be gentle with the dough when kneading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/8 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, pure, good quality
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed, Meyer if possible
- 1/3 cup fresh sweet cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- powdered sugar, garnishing
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1Scones: Preheat oven to 350%, making sure that the baking rack is in the middle of the oven.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to keep scones from browning too quickly on bottom.
- 3In a large bowl, add the white & brown flours, the white & brown splenda, baking powder and sea salt.
- 4Cut butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture. until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Next combine the milk and lemon juice to create sour milk, stir and let sit 3 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl add the sour milk, beaten egg and almond extract. Mix well and add to the coarse flour mixture, gently stirring until combined.
- 7Now add the cherries and candied ginger.
- 8Most Important *Do not over mix*.
- 9Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured board until it is smooth and elastic. If required add extra flour.
- 10Pat the dough gently into a circle and cut into 9 triangular pieces and place on cookie sheet. (Cut the circle into 3 large slices and cut each large slice into three equal size smaller slices).
- 11Glaze: To make the glaze beat the egg white with milk, until well mixed.
- 12Brush a little of the mixture onto the top of the scones.
- 13Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of scone comes out clean.
- 14Remove the pan from oven and place the scones on rack to cool.
- 15Cherry Mascarpone Cream: In a large bowl place the mascarpone cheese, almond extract and splenda. Beat until the cheese mixture starts to look softly whipped, then add the whipped cream and the finely chopped cherries until well mixed.
- 16If not ready to use immediately, cover and refrigerate until serving time. Make sure to stir before serving.
- 17To serve, split the scones and fill with the cherry cream mixture, place top back on and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the scone.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Mascarpone Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: