Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The marshmallows melt and rise to the top to form a glaze on this very easy to make and convenient cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (about 3/4 of 10 1/2 oz package)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Spread marshmallows in the bottom of the baking pan, pour cake mix over marshmallows, spoon cherries evenly on top.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, cool before serving.
Lorac, this cake was fantastic...I took it to work today and my co-workers raved about how good it tasted. Thanks for the great recipe; I'll be making this one again and again. Linda
This cake is sooooooo simple, we love it. Try it with yellow cake and lemon pie filling. Tastes like lemon merengue cake, without the work. It's also great with yellow cake, apples and cinnamon.
This is a quick and tasty dessert for any occasion. If you are daring try apple pie filling with cinnamon sprinkled over it or peach pie filling or even try this recipe with a chocolate cake mix, you really can not go wrong.