Recipe by looneytunesfan
From an Eagle Brand Newsletter.
Top Review by little_princess_suzy
These are amazing! I have made them a few times now, and they always recieve rave reviews. I add a few more cherries and chocolate chips, and mix them and the coconut in a bowl before pouring onto condensed milk. I layered the first time, and found that the top layer didn't adhere as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, patted dry and chopped (without stems)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass baking pan). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour EAGLE BRAND evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.