Recipe by Brenda Nelson
Kids love these. Flavor can easily be changed. Guessing at the cooking time.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- nonstick cooking spray
- 20 lollipop sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Arrange 10 lollipop sticks on each baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, and butter in small saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissoved.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking until candy thermometer registers 275 degrees F.
- Stir in gelatin until smooth.
- Using a metal tablespoon and working quickly, spoon syrup over 1 end of each lollipop stick.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap each lollipop in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.