1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful loaf that tastes better than that which is store bought! The baking time could be anywhere between 1 hour to 1 3/4 hours, so be around to check this to see if its done once an hour is up! This can be frozen, but remember to thaw before serving. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry the cherries and toss them in a little flour in a bowl.
- 2Line and grease a 1kg loaf tin.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, one at a time, using an electric mixer on slow, then medium and gradually on high speed, until light and fluffy.
- 4Add sugar and cream well.
- 5Then, mix in the margarine, alternating with the flour.
- 6Add essence and mix well.
- 7Then, toss in the cherries and mix once again.
- 8Spoon the prepared cherry loaf mixture into the greased and lined loaf tin evenly.
- 9Scatter the crushed sugar, if using, on top.
- 10Bake this in the centre of a moderate oven at 160C or gas-mark 3 for 1 3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- 11Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 12Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Loaf To Cheer You Up!
Serving Size: 1 (734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2905.5
- Calories from Fat 1381
- Total Fat 153.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 634.5 mg
- Sodium 4980.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 338.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 151.7 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: