Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This takes about 5 minutes to throw together.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into 10 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup red maraschino cherry
- Mix all ingredients except flour and cherries in the food processor. Process for 30 seconds.
- Add flour and process another 5 seconds.
- Add cherries and process in quick pulses just long enough to mix in the cherries without chopping them up too much.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350F for 50-60 minutes.