Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From cdkitchen.com. This is a very, very moist bread. We really enjoyed the flavor. This makes 2 loaves.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Beat oil and eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients with flour. Add oil mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir in cherry pie filling and nuts.
- Pour into two loaf pans. Beat at 300 for 1 to 1 hour.
This was good. Very moist, however not very Cherry flavored as I had expected. Took 20 minutes longer to bake. I think I might try it again next time ommitting the cinnamon as it may overpower the cherry flavor and also substitute almond flavoring for the vanilla as other users suggested. I think I will also increase the bake temp to 325 degrees...