Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This bread was very good. I made it a few years ago. I love desserts with marashino cherries. From Jean Paré.
- 3 tablespoons butter, soften
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherries, chopped, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice (maraschino juice)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, almond extract and vanilla while beating. Add cherries and the juices. Beat to combine everything.
- Put flour in a small bowl. Add baking powder and salt. Add to the mixture of cherries. Stir just enough to wet the dry ingredients. Pour the dough in a greased loaf pan. Cook in the oven at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in it comes out dry. Cut in 8 slices.
I'm another one who's not terribly fond of these kind of cherries, but in this recipe they do just fine, & your tasty loaf certainly deserves 5 stars! Not only that, but I'll keep ir around for another performance! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
I made this for my girls as they love maraschino cherries, I myself never cared much for them but we all LOVED this recipe...made exactly as written and it turned out perfect!! Thank You for a great recipe!!