Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups lemon juice (bottled or fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 4 ounces maraschino cherry juice, approximately (I use the juice from a 10 oz. bottle of cherries)
- 4 -5 cups water
- lemon, to garnish
- maraschino cherry, to garnish
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher. Add cherry juice and water, stirring briskly.
- Serve over crushed ice with lemon slices and cherries for garnish.
We love lemonade and maraschino cherries so this was a winner for us. I did use bottled lemon juice and a 10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries like Marg suggested. Pretty and great tasting drink for the summer! Thank you so much hon for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for Comfort Cafe - Summer 2009.
I made this recipe on 7/15/11 for the " Sweet Side Of July " event in the Food Photo Forum.I made this exactly as it was written,but had to add about a 1/2 cup more of sugar.( I have a very sweet tooth :) ).Thanks for posting a very quick and delicious way to beat the summer heat." Keep Smiling :) "
Hey Marg, this was very good! I used a bottled lemon juice to make this lemonade, which I purchased from Aldi's. I did add 3/4 cup of sugar, and I added 1/2 cup of the cherry juice, but I only used 4 cups of water. This was very rereshing, and very good! Thanx for the recipe!