Lieutenant Ducky's Note:
This is another adaption of my earlier recipe "delicious tea scones." This is one of my favorite recipes because of its easiness and the result is so good! The scones have a great crumb, are very pretty, and really delicious. You won't regret giving them a try!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1Combine the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour.
- 2Work butter in with hands or a pastry cutter, add the egg and milk together with the cherries, stir until just moist and holding together.
- 3Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and flatten it into a 2" high circle.
- 4Cut out 6-8 wedges, and place on a parchment papered cookies sheet
- 5at least an inch apart.
- 6Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown at 425ºF. Let cool on a wire rack.
- 7lemon glaze:.
- 8measure out sugar, add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon hot water. Stir to a drizzle consistency. Add second teaspoon of water if needed.
- 9Spoon drizzle on to scones, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Lemon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 409.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: