Easy and tasty sugafree cherry pie for Diabtetics or those counting calories.
My Private Note
nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages no-sugar-added frozen cherries, pitted
- 1 3/4 cups equal spoonful artificial sweetener or 1 3/4 cups Splenda sugar substitute (can also use 12+3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 42 packets Equal® sweetener)
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 -7 drops red food coloring
- 1For Crust: Combine flour and salt in medium bowl; cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2Mix in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring lightly with fork after each addition until dough is formed.
- 3Wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4For Pie: Thaw cherries completely in strainer set in bowl; reserve 3/4 cup cherry juice.
- 5Mix Equal® or Splenda®, flour, cornstarch and nutmeg in small saucepan; stir in cherry juice and heat to boiling.
- 6Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in cherries; stir in food color.
- 8Roll half of pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan; ease pastry into pan.
- 9Pour cherry mixture into pastry.
- 10Roll remaining pastry on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 10 to 12 strips, 1/2 inch wide.
- 11Arrange pastry strips over filling and weave into lattice design.
- 12Trim ends of lattice strips; fold edge of lower crust over ends of lattice strips.
- 13Seal and flute edge.
- 14Bake in preheated 425ºF (220ºC) oven until pastry is browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 15Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Lattice Pie (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 280.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: