Recipe by Chef53Kathy
This recipe comes from a book titled, 'Angels and Friends' out of Youngstown, Ohio. It is a great tasting salad, hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by heatherhopecs
This was a great recipe! I was able to lighten it up significantly by using no sugar added cherry pie filling, sugar-free Jello, light Cool Whip, and light mayo. Still turned out great and tasted wonderful! One tip: I put the crushed pineapple in a strainer to get out all the excess moisture... really helped the lemon Jello set up well. My husband was teasing me saying the recipe seemed like something his grannie would make, but he and our dinner guests devoured it! Thanks for sharing, this was a keeper.
- 3 ounces cherry Jell-O
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 3 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 3⁄4 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages Dream Whip
- 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the cherry gelatin in 1 cup hot water, cool. Add the cherry pie filling to the cherry gelatin. Turn into a 7x11 glass dish. Refrigerate unti firm. Dissolve the lemon gelatin in 1 cup hot water and set aside to cool. Beat together the cream cheese and salad dressing, gradually add the cooled.
- lemon gelatin, stir in the drained pineapple and the marshmallows. Pour over the first layer of gelatin. When the second layer is firm, prepare the Dream Whip and spread over the top, sprinkle with the nuts.
- Cool Whip or 'real' whipped cream can be substituted for the Dream Whip. I prefer the flavor of Dream Whip or real cream over the Cool Whip. Preparation time includes refrigeration time.