Recipe by Oolala
In the salads section of the Junior League Cookbook called RSVP from Portland, ME. Submitted by Nancy Cragin. Sounds like a good side dish for poultry or game. There is overnight preparation for the jello to set.
- 1 (1 lb) can bing cherry, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 (3 ounce) package black cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cherries but reserve 3/4 cup of the liquid. Combine this liquid with the jelly and sherry in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add jello, dissolve.
- Add cherries and lemon juice. Chill until partially set. Add nuts.
- Chill in 3-4 cup ring mold overnight. Unmold on greens.
- Mix the sour cream and mayonnaise and place in the center of the ring.