Recipe by Margo59
My mom made this recipe frequently when I was growing up. It is so easy and I always get rave reviews. I've used blueberry pie filling and fresh strawberries instead of cherry. My father-in-law always requested this on his birthday.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in food processor, graham crackers and sugar.
- Add melted margarine, process, and press into bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add Cool Whip and blend.
- Spread over prepared crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling or filling of choice.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.