Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom made this recipe frequently when I was growing up. It is so easy and I always get rave reviews. I've used blueberry pie filling and fresh strawberries instead of cherry. My father-in-law always requested this on his birthday.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Mix in food processor, graham crackers and sugar.
- Add melted margarine, process, and press into bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add Cool Whip and blend.
- Spread over prepared crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling or filling of choice.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Great and Easy recipe! thank you! I also sprinkled some crumbs on the top. PERFECT!
This is one of the most delicious and easy recipes for a fake cheesecake, I don't top it with pie filling i use alittle chocolate syrup and then i chop chocolate chips in my food processor and sprinkle the crumbs on top and my whole family just loves it, infact i have to make it for nephews or they tell me to go home and don't come back till i have it. haha
These are the same cheescakes made by my mother for various meetings when I was a kid and I can vouch that they are delicious! (I like the strawberry pie filling ones best, myself!)