Recipe by laursy
Wonderful Christmas bars - very colourful and tasty to eat too. These look fantastic on your Christmas platter.
Top Review by Debbb
Really pretty Christmasy square! I used red & green maraschino cherries, as a personal preference. I was skeptical about everything holding together with such few ingredients but it did!
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml mixed nuts
- 354.88 ml halved candied cherries
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- COMBINE flour with 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly and firmly onto bottom of ungreased 15 x 10 jelly roll pan or large baking tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, beat egg slightly in large bowl. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and salt. Add nuts cherries and chocolate chips. Toss mixture evenly to coat.
- SPOON this mixture evenly over the baked layer. Press down firmly to adhere layers.
- BAKE an additional 20 minutes.
- COOL and cut into 1 1/2 by 2 inch bars. Do NOT let this cool too much or you will never get them out of the pan in nice pieces.