1 hr 20 mins
Wonderful Christmas bars - very colourful and tasty to eat too. These look fantastic on your Christmas platter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- 2COMBINE flour with 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly and firmly onto bottom of ungreased 15 x 10 jelly roll pan or large baking tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 3MEANWHILE, beat egg slightly in large bowl. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and salt. Add nuts cherries and chocolate chips. Toss mixture evenly to coat.
- 4SPOON this mixture evenly over the baked layer. Press down firmly to adhere layers.
- 5BAKE an additional 20 minutes.
- 6COOL and cut into 1 1/2 by 2 inch bars. Do NOT let this cool too much or you will never get them out of the pan in nice pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Jewel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: