Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandma always made this every time we would visit. It's been one of my favorite jello salad recipes since I was a little girl.
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesinstant cherry Jell-O
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 14 large marshmallows
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Dissolve cherry jello, hot water and cold water. Then add cherry pie filling.
- Put this in jello and put in glass cake pan or corning ware. Chill until set.
- Melt the marshmallows and cream cheese in the microwave, then cool.
- Fold in the cool whip and spread on top of jello.
This was WAY WAY too sugary for me. I also was not too fond of the consistency. I don't think I'll be making this again
My mother used to make this all the time, and it is beyond Heaven! Just last night I was talking to some friends about it, and decided to look up to see if I could find the recipe. Thanks to you, I found it and can send it on to them so that we have even more followers of this devine delight! On my way now to buy the ingredients so I can make it for the office on Monday (so I don't eat it all myself, ha).