Recipe by joan in CNY
My DH's Aunt gave me this recipe many years ago and have usually made it at least once during the Holiday season. When asked to bring a salad to my grandson's 1st Communion I thought of this and also remembered I had never posted it here so here goes.
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) canpitted cherries
- 1 (22 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry Jell-O or 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 12 ounces Pepsi
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring to a boil cherries with juice plus juice from pineapple.
- Add jello and dissolve and let cool.
- Then add crushed pineapple, coke or pepsi and walnuts.
- Mix well and pour into mold.
- Unmold after well chilled and serve with dressing made of1/2 Cup sour cream and 1/8 c.mayo and a little sugar.