Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
Top Review by cezbs
I was looking for a unique, tasty, quick cookie recipe and this fit it to a tee! Wow, the taste of CHERRY just POPPED when I bit into the warm cookie. The everyday ingredients were quick to put together. Guests will be coming anytime now and I am ready to serve them something really different, very delicious and I am proud of adding this recipe to my all-time cookie favorites. Colourful Cathy
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Loosely layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, gelatin and then the sugar - making the layers as level as possible without pressing it down.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHERRY JELLO COOKIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.