Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
As I cannot eat and drink milk products, I thought I try and make a soy ice cream and voilá! It tastes good and is refreshing!
- 200 g cherries (pitted)
- 100 g unbleached cane sugar
- 250 ml soy cream
- 200 ml soymilk
- 5 g citric acid
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Wash the cherries, pit them and put in a bowl together with the sugar. Let rest for about an hour.
- Purée the cherries, add the soy cream, soy milk and the remaining ingredients, mix well and place in the freezer until the mass is frozen few inches around the edge.
- Take out of the freezer and stir well with a whisk.
- Put it back in the freezer and repeat the process 2-3 times in shorter intervals.
- Pour the ice into a storable form, or eat immediately.