Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from a Southern Living recipe submitted by Ellie Wells of Lakeland, FL -- Serve with roast pork, turkey, chicken, or ham. Adjust brown sugar to taste if cherries are very tart, or not in syrup, or if purchased amount is over 16 ounces!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted sour cherries in syrup (undrained)
- 3⁄4-1 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally ~ simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to cherry mixture, bring all ingredients back up to a boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Cool ~ store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve with roast pork, turkey, chicken, or ham.
Made for PAC 2010. Another great simple recipe. I had a bunch of ham and turkey in the fridge which I always make and keep on hand. I took out my turkey and will eat it tomorrow night, but just finished this recipe and tasted it with a piece of turkey. Great! I did have to buy the cherries, lol, but the rest is on hand. Easy, a great relish, condiment. With ham pork, pretty much anything. I will enjoy with my turkey for dinner tomorrow night. Excellent easy recipe. I love using a relish or condiment like this to jazz up roasted meats or grilled meats. It makes a standard chicken or piece of turkey great! Not just average. Well done. Thx for posting