You will fall in love with this this dessert after the first bite! This is a favorite in my family, and we always make it for the holidays. You can use other pie filling flavors, but the tartness of the cherries cuts the sweetness of the the rest of the dessert. I have even used canned, sliced peaches (drained well), but everyone seems to prefer the cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped (or finely chopped, your choice)
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) box Dream Whip (two pouches)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar (measure, then sift)
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling, chilled (Wilderness Pie Filling)
- 1Mix flour, sugar, and butter together. Add nuts. Press in bottom of 13" X 9" pan. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Cool.
- 2Mix Dream Whip as directed. Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and blend with Dream Whip. Spread over crust and chill for several hours or overnight.
- 3Top with cherry pie filling and chill, or serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.5
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g