Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will fall in love with this this dessert after the first bite! This is a favorite in my family, and we always make it for the holidays. You can use other pie filling flavors, but the tartness of the cherries cuts the sweetness of the the rest of the dessert. I have even used canned, sliced peaches (drained well), but everyone seems to prefer the cherries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (or finely chopped, your choice)
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) box Dream Whip (two pouches)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar (measure, then sift)
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling, chilled (Wilderness Pie Filling)
- Mix flour, sugar, and butter together. Add nuts. Press in bottom of 13" X 9" pan. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix Dream Whip as directed. Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and blend with Dream Whip. Spread over crust and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Top with cherry pie filling and chill, or serve.
Made this last week when my son & DIL were here for dinner & it was almost totally devoured by the 4 of us! Thoroughly enjoyed it & wouldn't change a thing . . . . well, except that, the next day, I did drizzle a small bit of homemade fudge sauce over a serving ~ Very nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]