Recipe by dicentra
from choosecherries.com - I wonder if this could be made in the bread machine...?
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2⁄3 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water until warm (105 degrees to 115 degrees). Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, honey and salt; mix well. Add 1 cup of the bread flour, 3/4 cup of the whole wheat flour and dry milk powder to warm liquid mixture.
- Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in granola, cherries, remaining 1 cup bread flour, and remaining 1/2 cup whole wheat flour; mix until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, adding more bread flour, if needed. Place dough in a greased mixing bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and a cloth towel.
- Let rise in a warm place (80 to 85 degrees) about 1 hour, or until double in size. Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 -inch loaf pan.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place 45 to 60 minutes, or until double in size. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- Remove from pan immediately. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.