Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this treat for breakfast of use it as a toppint for yogurt or ice cream.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried tart cherries
- Combine oats, pecans and sunflower kernels in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over oat mixture, and stir until all ingredients are well coated.
- Spread mixture on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Stir mixture every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in cherries.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 1 week.