Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great cake for sharing. You could probably make this with other types of pie filling but the cherries look so pretty poking through the cake! Another great Sunset recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- powdered sugar
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition Stir in almond extract and flour until well blended.
- Spread batter in a well-greased 10x15-inch baking pan.
- With a knife, lightly mark off batter into 15 equal pieces; then spoon equal portions of pie filling into center of each piece.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.