Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted in a forum in response to a "My Great Recipes" missing card request. As it was not put into the database, I am putting it in so it can be easily found. It sounds simple enough, but I have not tried it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄3 cups cherry juice and water
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups drained canned cherries
- Crust: mix together crumbs, sugar, spices and almonds. Stir in butter, mixing well. Press into bottom and slightly up sides of 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Filling: thoroughly beat all filling ingredients in food processor fitted with steel blade, scraping down sides occasionally. If using mixer, beat at least 10-15 minutes until well blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Mix together topping ingredients and pour over cake. Return to oven. Bake at 475 for 5-7 minutes. Cool. Cover. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Glaze:mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan, then stir in cherry juice. Simmer over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 5-10 minutes. Stir in food coloring.
- Spread cherries evenly over chilled cheesecake. Pour glaze over the top; chill until ready to serve.