Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my grandchildrens favorite desserts. Preparation time is approx., does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- whipped topping (optional)
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water.
- Stir in pie filling; mix well.
- Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour into an 8-inch square dish.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Yummy! Has a slight fizzy mouth feel from the pop that the kids (and me too i admit lol) loved. Will try this with different flavors next
YUMMY! Everybody went wild with "umms and yumms" when I dished this one out. It didn't set well and wasn't firm after being in the refigerator for quite a while but it didn't matter. It was still delicious. I used whipped heavy cream on top.
This was soooo good!! Very refreshing. A nice change from Jell-o with fruit in it. It is really good with a whipped topping on it. I think next time I will try it with strawberry gelatin and strawberry pie filling. I'll let you know how it turns out if I do. Thanks for a tasty recipe!! Update:I made this today using strawberry jello and peach pie filling. It is really good. I did not have any Sprite or 7-up so I used cold water instead. It is really good!!