1/1 Photo of Cherry Galette
I discovered the ease of Blueberry Galette recently, and my non-baking self fell in love. When I was overloaded with sweet cherries, I had to find a galette recipe to use them. This is an adaptation of a recipe found at an online wine site. That recipe used a homemade crust, but I think that the part of the appeal of the galette for me, aside from satisfying my sweet tooth, is the ease of using the refrigerated ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet cherries, pitted (I used a mix of Bing and Ranier.)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2On a piece of lightly floured parchment, roll out dough.
- 3Transfer dough and parchment to a baking sheet.
- 4Process 1/4 sugar, almonds, nutmeg, and salt in food processor until almonds are ground.
- 5Gently toss with the cherries.
- 6Spoon cherries over dough, leaving a 2" border.
- 7Dot with butter.
- 8Fold in edges, pressing gently.
- 9Whisk yolk and cream together; brush over edges of tart.
- 10Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 11Bake until golden, 40-45 minutes. (Original recipe stated 45-50 minutes, but I found that my oven was done sooner.).
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Galette
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g