Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was craving cherry ice cream and didn't have any so came up with this fantastic smoothie. I tried it first with milk and then with buttermilk...even better!
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 3 -5 ice cubes
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk (if using milk to make it extra creamy add 2 tbsp of cream or creamer) or 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk (if using milk to make it extra creamy add 2 tbsp of cream or creamer)
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling water (optional) or 1⁄2 cup club soda (optional)
- sugar (I like it sweet so added 5 Splenda packets.) or Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (I like it sweet so added 5 Splenda packets.)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in a large glass or two.
As is usual for me, I left out the ice cubes, but did include some sparkling water & a little sugar! Also used the buttermilk & had a great smoothie, thanks to you, Engrossed! Isn't frozen just the greatest thing this side of "in season & fresh!" [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]