Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're tired of eating the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see Easy Friendship Bread (Amish Bread) Starter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325’.
- To the batter add 3 eggs, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup oil (or ½ oil & ½ applesauce), ½ tsp baking soda, ½ cup orange juice, ½ tsp almond extract, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 large box vanilla instant pudding, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup cherries.
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
great bread. i was thinking of trying cranberries instead of cherries next time.
Very, very nice tasting bread, & well worth the effort in making your recipe #321840 10 days ago! Easy to prepare & I appreciated the combo of cherries & orange flavor here ~ I did include a rounded teaspoon of orange zest along with the OJ! Was going to freeze the 2nd loaf as suggested, but then used it as a gift for a friend who's been most helpful in obtaining some hard-to-find ingredients over the last 6 months! A keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]