Recipe by kittycatmom
Easy pudding pie with elegant results! Found on Kellogg's.com
Top Review by Chabear01
Made for KK's Think Pink Tag Forum. Ohhh my goodness this is such a pretty pie, very rich in flavor. Definately NOT for a diabetic or someone watching their weight, but ohhhh so cool for kids and young people. I loved the cherry flavor and creamyness of this pie. Thank you for another great dessert.
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 236.59 ml semisweet chocolate morsel
- 473.18 ml Rice Krispies (Kellogg's is best)
- 283.49 g jar maraschino cherries
- 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 145.14 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 236.59 ml whipped cream or 236.59 ml frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook margarine, corn syrup and chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and blended. Remove from heat. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. With back of spoon, press cereal mixture evenly in bottom and up side of 9-inch pie pan coated with cooking spray. Chill.
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Chop cherries. Set aside. Measure 1/2 cup cherry liquid, discarding remainder.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cherry liquid, milk and pudding mix with wire whip, mixing until smooth and combined. Fold in cherries and whipped topping. Spread in chilled crust. Chill 3 hours or over night before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.