Recipe by grandma2969
another good one to try
Top Review by PeanutsMamma
These are delicious! These cookies have gotten me the best compliments. I've had full grown men swipe the entire plate at cookie exchanges so they wouldn't have share them. I make the cookie part of this recipe exactly according to the recipe.The only thing I changed was I skipped the icing and replaced it with just a coating of powdered sugar (personal preference). Two things I would like to mention to others is make sure you butter isn't too soft when you make these, make sure it's only soft enough to mix. And these cookies do spread so make sure you leave enough room between them on the cookie sheet. These are a must have at the holidays! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- drain cherries on paper towels.reserve juice.
- mix all ingredients except cherries --
- pinch off a piece of dough enough to cover a cherry and roll up around cherry --
- place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake at 325* for 25 minutes or barely golden.
- when cool.dip in maraschino cherry icing.
- to prepare MARASCHINO CHERRY ICING:.
- combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup reserved cherry juice -- .