Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just came across this recipe in my current issue of Southern Living Magazine. This recipe won "Best of Show" at this year's Texas State Fair. I haven't had a chance to try them, but they sound sooooo good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring just until melted. Remove pan from heat, and add 1 cup white chocolate morsels. (Do Not Stir).
- Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Stir in white chocolate mixture and almond extract, stirring until blended. Add flour and salt, stirring just until blended. Spread half of batter into a lightly greased and floured 8" square pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Melt 1/2 cup cherry preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Spread evenly over partially baked blondies in pan. Stir together coconut, remaining while chocolate morsels, and remaining half of batter; spread over melted cherry presreves, spreading to edges of pan.
- Sprinkle batter with 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Note: To freeze, tightly wrap baked bars in aluminum foil. Place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag, and freeze up to 2 months. Let thaw at room temperature before cutting.
- Additional note: Various flavors of preserves can be used.
These were magnificent. This is definitely my go-to blondies recipe from now on. 10 stars, over and over again.
These were outstanding little bars! I used seedless raspberry preserves and they contrasted nicely with the white chocolate. I also liked the light crunch of the almonds sprinkled on top. I can see why they earned the best of show. Thank you so much Bobbie- This is a recipe I will never forget ;)