1/2 Photos of Cherry-Filled White Chocolate Blondies
1 hr 15 mins
I just came across this recipe in my current issue of Southern Living Magazine. This recipe won "Best of Show" at this year's Texas State Fair. I haven't had a chance to try them, but they sound sooooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring just until melted. Remove pan from heat, and add 1 cup white chocolate morsels. (Do Not Stir).
- 2Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Stir in white chocolate mixture and almond extract, stirring until blended. Add flour and salt, stirring just until blended. Spread half of batter into a lightly greased and floured 8" square pan.
- 3Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 4Melt 1/2 cup cherry preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Spread evenly over partially baked blondies in pan. Stir together coconut, remaining while chocolate morsels, and remaining half of batter; spread over melted cherry presreves, spreading to edges of pan.
- 5Sprinkle batter with 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- 6Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- 7Note: To freeze, tightly wrap baked bars in aluminum foil. Place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag, and freeze up to 2 months. Let thaw at room temperature before cutting.
- 8Additional note: Various flavors of preserves can be used.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Filled White Chocolate Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g