Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a great recipe. Very, very easy to prepare--even faster to eat!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Yummy!!! I got around to baking today after a grand 1 week holiday. The house smelt like a bakery in heaven while these were baking! I just had a bite of this, yum!! Its just finished baking, so, they are still hot, but the cherry pie filling just melts in the mouth if these are served hot. I can't help but call these as "bridal squares" for their colour. A definite keeper recipe. Oh my, almost forgot to mention that I used 1 1/2 tsps. of cinnamon and secondly, I substituted the butter with margarine. Thank U for sharing this recipe. It goes into my book NOW! :)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (21 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, walnuts, oats, butter and flour.
- Use fingers until crumbs form; reserve 1 1/2 cups.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine cinnamon in cherry filling; spread over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over; press gently.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack; cut into squares.