Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for Valentines Day or a romantic dinner!
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (1 sheet)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, heated, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups thawed frozen non-dairy topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet onto lightly floured surface. Cut out 10 hearts from pastry with heart shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine egg yolk and water in small bowl; beat lightly with fork until well blended. Brush evenly onto pastry cutouts, covering completely. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Carefully split each heart horizontally in half; set aside.
- Combine pie filling and extract in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon fudge topping onto each of 10 dessert plates. Place bottom halves of hearts on plates; top evenly with pie filling mixture and top with whipped topping. Replace top halves of hearts. Drizzle evenly with remaining fudge topping.