Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This unusual bar comes from the Land O Lakes Cookie Collection. Hope that you will enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fig, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Beat at slow speed, for 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- Stir in cherries and figs.
- Spread into greased and floured 9" pan.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake at 325 for 22- 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, cut into bars.
Great recipe! The entire family enjoyed it. Definately something I'm going to hold on to in the future. A simple recipe that is easy to make. Each mouthful delivers a luxurious taste. Whats more to ask for? Thank you Baby Kato. Keep posting awesome recipes.
These came out surprisingly good! I used whole wheat flour, and instead of the cherries I used dried fruit. I'm not sure what the recipe implies, but I used fresh mission figs (not dried). The only thing I might change next time is add a little extra vanilla extract or maybe some cinnamon to the dough. Great breakfast/snack since its dough-y, almost bread-like. Thanks!
Except for increasing the figs to 1 cup & the cherries to 1/3 cup, I followed this recipe & had a wonderful taste treat! Another time I MIGHT use dried cherries & see how that goes ~ as long as they don't overpower the figs! Thanks for this great recipe!