Recipe by Baby Kato
This unusual bar comes from the Land O Lakes Cookie Collection. Hope that you will enjoy them as much as we do.
Top Review by The Kitchen Princess
Great recipe! The entire family enjoyed it. Definately something I'm going to hold on to in the future. A simple recipe that is easy to make. Each mouthful delivers a luxurious taste. Whats more to ask for? Thank you Baby Kato. Keep posting awesome recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fig, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Beat at slow speed, for 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- Stir in cherries and figs.
- Spread into greased and floured 9" pan.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake at 325 for 22- 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, cut into bars.