Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My friend Judy B.'s recipe. We serve it with Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- With med heat, cook in skillet until sugar is dissolved, 1/2 cup butter, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 1 cup water, 1 tea vanilla.
- Combine pie filling, 1 tea almond extract and 1/2 cup sugar, mix well.
- Dip tortillas in liquid mixture soaking each.
- Fill tortillas with cherry mixture, roll up like an enchilada.
- Place in oblong pan and repeat.
- Pour remaining liquid mixture over rolled and filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 350* 45 minutes.
- Serve with Ice Cream.
Made for Office party and they were a huge hit. Used 2 cans of cherry pie filling on recommendation of a friend!
Oh my goodness! I'm not generally a cherry fan but these were outstanding! I took a tip from another reviewer and sprinkled these with almonds, they toasted up nicely to add more crunch! I will make these again!
These are delicious. I used 8-inch tortillas and filled 6 of them because I like lots of filling ;) We topped them with vanilla ice cream as you suggested - DD and I couldn't stop eating them! These would be popular for a potluck. I've made an apple version but DD prefers the cherry so we'll have to keep this recipe handy. Thanks for a great dessert yaya78006 :)