Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is so easy and very tasty. I make it all of the time for brunch. It is especially popular at christmas time. If you like cherries and eggnog, this recipe is no fail!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- You may combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before incorporating, but I prefer to put them all in one bowl and mix together to save time.
- Once well mixed, place batter in the loaf pan. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for approximately 75 minutes, though time will vary with ovens.
- After cooled, remove bread from loaf pan.
- Mix together powdered sugar and eggnog. When smooth, drizzle over top of bread. Top with almonds. (Almonds can be toasted if desired.) Serve immediately. Bread is very good when served warm, but is not necessary.