Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the Eagle Brand Newsletter.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix, divided
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F In medium bowl, combine pie filling, EAGLE BRAND® and extract.
- In large bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in cherry mixture. Spread into greased 13X9-inch baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over cherry mixture.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream (optional). Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.